Thursday, March 19, 2009

Goodbye Elys

I just finished my Elys. Forever. Wow. Now all that's left is printing, cutting, and mounting them to board and hanging them on Tuesday and attending the reception. Honestly, it was not bad at all. Especially considering how many said it was torturous. I'm not going to post the new images on here, but they will be on my website soon.

What will be on here soon is a brand new image for an article for the New Scientist titled 'How Your Face Betrays Your Personality.' I'm not going to post the finish yet because I still have more work to do- but here's the drawing and thumbnails for it. Don't know why you'd want to see thumbnails but you're going to anyway.



I found out today that my senior class, or some specific committee of seniors (I'm not sure which) , voted for me to be interviewed by a committee of seniors for the illustration portfolio day blog. I'm not sure why at the moment, but i'll let you know. I'm just as confused as you are. Other seniors selected were: Dan Hughes, Lawrence Burns, and Adrienne Langer. There are more but I don't know who they are. I'm excited. And flattered and confused. I've never done an interview before.

The next post should contain a finished and two revised images and maybe sketches.

1 comment:

  1. dude your thumbnails are awesome that's why I would want to see them. I thought the finish was quite nice too. The critique in class was very subjective and is arguable as to whether or not it would actually have made the piece any better. I quite enjoyed it, so keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete