Sunday, March 6, 2011

week 4 - Takehold Reunion Show Poster

I don't know how I feel about this one. I think i've been looking at it for too long. Within the next month or so I might do some revisions before I print it. I was working on it for several hours, and then looking back on an older version, thought with the exception of a few things, it had gotten over-worked. So I threw out a lot of the changes I made for a rougher version. And I still can't even tell which one is better.. That's how you know you've lost your vision and It's time to take a break or just hang it up. No gumption traps here!

Also, I love doing hand done type. I can't really relate to fonts.. I feel like they are cold and inflexible. Also, I don't know much about design - but I really like that. I almost feel proud that I am doing things that might make designers disgusted. It's fun to destroy taboos.

My old band, Takehold, is getting together to play a show in April with a lot of much cooler bands. I'll be selling these at the show. Come by and pick one up. If you want.



Crystalization is a non-invasive way for people to understand what kind of developments can take place over the course of geological time - and no one disputes it because it doesn't interfere with any systems of belief.

I had to decide on animal who's evolutionary beginnings are especially interesting. So I picked birds, because as you may know, birds evolved from dinosaurs. Feathers have been described as 'highly modified scales'. So this is a kind of Trojan Horse of a concept - the evolution of the feather; a pretty controversial fact, showcased and pacified with a much more non-invasive fact.

No comments:

Post a Comment