Sunday, March 27, 2011

week 6 - Floor, Hawks, Fight Amp - April 14 @ FUC

This week my friends in Fight Amp approached me with the opportunity to do the poster for their April 14th show with Floor and Hawks, at the First Unitarian Church. Awesome!

I'm always proud to do any service I can for bands I approve of. The music industry is such a shit show today that you should literally be throwing money at your favorite bands/artists. No, seriously, if you download a band's album for free - go see them live and slip a 10 into the guitarist's pedal board. They'll find it later and happily buy themselves a burrito.



I will probably never understand artists who don't thumbnail and sketch before jumping into a finished image. I mean, sure, I guess there's a few mutants out there who can just wing it, but for the most part, if your not doing a ton of conceptualizing and premeditation, you're not gonna get whats in your head out of your hand.

I'll be selling these babies at the show. You can come out and pick one up.

Also, there will be only a handful of these posters given out at the Takehold (my old hardcore band), Fight Amp, Ladder Devils, Holy Hour, Deathbeds show, on April 9th - the week prior. In addition, the April 9th posters will be on sale - however, right now I'm thinking maybe we'll include a free issue of this poster with the April 9th poster. Two for the price of one - first come first serve.

2 comments:

  1. poster looks great. I feel like your thumbnails are a work in and of themselves...haha. Looks good. I'm not such a big fan of thumbnailing when I am doing a digital work, because you can really just change anything in a half a second. That's kind of like thumbnailing I guess. But not doubt about it you gotta go it for traditional stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah. It's not 'thumnbails' specifically, just getting ideas out and physically seeing them, and how they work.

    ReplyDelete